Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

As the title says, I just bought a 2007 VStar 1100 Custom after selling my Honda CBR and have to say so far so good. I love the riding position, the torque, the Mustang seat, the sound, the chrome........okay, I love it all. Glad to be a part of a new forum. Any other Niagara Ontario riders?

Cheers,
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just finished my first oil change on this thing. Just about an hour from removing oil fill cap to replacing oil fill cap. I would have went faster if it weren't for the right side peg. I'll know for next time.

Note to self, invest in some decent hex wrenches.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yea, one thing that is kind of a pain, changin oil. Mine's due now too. Gotta get a filter, and gonna change exhaust gasket this time too. Might wanna consider one of those ORK's. I'm thinkin about it myself. Just can't afford it right now. Workin on gettin cables and such to change out the handlebars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, one thing that is kind of a pain, changin oil. Mine's due now too. Gotta get a filter, and gonna change exhaust gasket this time too. Might wanna consider one of those ORK's. I'm thinkin about it myself. Just can't afford it right now. Workin on gettin cables and such to change out the handlebars.
I changed the exhaust gasket as well, the only tricky thing is getting the new one to stay in place while trying to attach the header.

·
Administrator
13,290 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dan, great looking 1100 you got there. Like sonysnek said, you must have been here before. Glad you joined us and ride safely!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a little east of your location. You'll find the 1100 tombe a great riding machine and it will give you a permasmile for sure. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. The folks here are great and will help you out in the blinkmof the eye. If you're ever in the Ottawa area look me up and we could ride some super spots around the nation's capital.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts