Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2009 VStar 1300 Tour the other day. First Yamaha/Star motorcycle in over 30 years of riding. Now if it just warms up and the snow disappears I will be able to get on the road.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Congratulations,

I have only been riding since around 07, the 1300 tourer is my second bike and a biig upgrade in power and cruise abilty. Im a bit older too and I got to tell you, its one GREAT cruiser.
Power, comfort (have Mustang Seats), handling that cant be beat, which I heard even from my shop mechanic, who loves the bike.
Can cruise all day at 70+ MPH and super great low speed handling around town.
Best of all, its "light" and agile for a bike with its power, handling and carefree ride on the interstate, more so for the remarkable price.
Good luck with it, we have had remarkable weather here in SC just a week or two ago, but I too have been indoors the last week as it turned cold.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many years of riding. Started with Honda 185, Suzuki GS300L, GS650L, GS1100GK, Cavalcade, Intruder, Moto Guzzi California, Triumph Rocket III, and now VStar 1300. Love the ride of the Cavalcade, love the handling of the Guzzi, love the Power of the Rocket. Now backing off a little on everything and seeing if the VSTAR will give me what I need at this time in my life. Usually have one long ride from 1500-4000 miles a year. The rest of the time is just one-two day rides.

·
Registered
3 Posts
waynei

Picked up a 2009 VStar 1300 Tour the other day. First Yamaha/Star motorcycle in over 30 years of riding. Now if it just warms up and the snow disappears I will be able to get on the road.
Howdy, I also have an 09 1300 tourer. Best bike I've had yet. I try to do as many road trips each year with it that I can. Some one day trips others out of state for up to a week. Theres nothing bad I can say about the 1300 tourer, so enjoy it and be safe!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

YA, I hear you on the "melting snow". We don't have a lot on the ground but it's not going away anytime soon. On the hopeful side of things, I "rode" every day straight one week in March last year, which was a personal record for me.

THINK SPRING!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why did you choose the 1300? What bikes have you had? I am looking at a
Roadliner s 2006
Roadstar. 2005
I have recently sold my streetglide looking for something fun again sick of the harley world,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts