Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Thought I would jump in and say hi. Will be picking up a '07 VStar 1300 Tourer tomorrow. Excited about the bike. It has 14,000 miles and is in very good shape. This will be my second bike. My other bike is a '08 HD Sportster 1200 Custom Anniversary Edition.

I'll take some pics as soon as I get it home and have some daylight!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Welcome from NC! Enjoy your new ride and we're looking forward to seeing pictures of it!

Ride alot and be safe!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,051 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You're going to love that bike!! Not as nimble as the Sporty but a good comfortable ride. If you fit the Sporty you may have to make some adjustments to the 1300 to fine tune your riding position.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're going to love that bike!! Not as nimble as the Sporty but a good comfortable ride. If you fit the Sporty you may have to make some adjustments to the 1300 to fine tune your riding position.
I'm 5'10", 235. I might be a tad big for a sporty, but I love how the bike handles and is a fun bike to ride around town in. Just not that comfortable for a lady. Thus, the reason for the VStar.

I've ridden a '03 VStar and liked it and I have ridden my ex-FIL Softail Heritage, about the same style as the Vstar. I thought, at the time, that the bars needed rolled up a bit on the '03 VStar, for my liking, and I might do the same with mine, when I pick it up (Should be tonight, can't wait). I have about a 35-40 minute ride home tonight so I'm going to get decent ride with it tonight. Gonna freeze my ass off though. Got full leather on tonight, helmet, face covered, leather gloves. But I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Welcome.

Wow. Talk about synchronicity! I own quite a few bikes (nature of my business), but my two "main" bikes (i.e. they live in my garage and are ridden regularly, versus my other 'vintage' bikes that live at my shop and get ridden occasionally) are an '07 1300 Tourer and a '96 Sportster 1200 (heavily chopped & bobbed). So we appear to have a bit in common!

My take: you'll love adding the 1300 to your stable as a contrast to the XL. It's a VERY different ride from the sportie, and I mean that in a good way. I'm a big fan of mine and think it hits a great sweet spot: Yes, it's a fairly large heavy 'touring' bike; but not nearly so unwieldy as a goldwing, big harley, etc. while still being comfortable to ride in 'touring' mode. I find myself very happy with the choice between a (relatively) light, nimble sportie that still has tons of torque and kick-you-in-the-butt go, and a bigger heavier touring bike that's got scads of power but still comfortable on long rides without making me afraid of its 'heft' at every moment.

In any case, enjoy, share what you find with us here, and welcome to the star bikes community!

·
Registered
609 Posts
PS - I bought my 1300 with about the same mileage as yours (but long ago)... Now it has just-short of 50K on it and still going strong with no real problems or needs for anything but basic maintenance. So take comfort in the fact you can likely put a LOT of miles on yours in confidence!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are some pics of the bike.
Yesterday I tried to remove some of the decals the previous owner put on (not sure why). In the one pic of the tank you can see the difference it makes. Pain in the but to remove.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts