Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I bought a 2004 vstar 650 classic with 5800 miles on it from a friend. It's in great condition, never been dropped and only 1 owner before me.

The bike came with a ton of accessories. Passenger seat, sissy bar, luggage rack and saddlebags. Unfortunately the saddle bags didn't come with the mounting hardware. The models on the bags are DC2103, F8440 RH & F8430 LH.

Doing some research I believe these brackets/frames may fit the bike: http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/50044fa1f8700209bc791a55/saddlebag-1 however I wanted to be sure before I put down the money for them, the saddles bags are similar except mine do have a reflector on them. I found them cheaper on ebay.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Those are the correct mounting brackets for stock.. And it would appear the model#s you provide match up to the part #s for the bags on the site as well. I don't see why those wouldn't work for you. Keep in mind, you can find the mounting hardware and the mounts a lot cheaper elsewhere.. And I'm not sure if there's a package for the mounting hardware that can be easily located or not..

GL!

eGo

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Welcome to the forums, from the Netherlands!

And a nice ride too! I love the 650s, there are a few in my area, and I just love their proportions - all balanced very well.

Kind regards, Wim

·
Super Moderator
6,407 Posts
Hi guy, welcome to the forum and a quick answer to boot! What a forum, eh? Yes, good luck with your search, and send us some pics of that 650. Ride safely!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi All,

Thank you for the info and the warm welcome! Time to search around for the best price on the brackets. Here's a pic of her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts