Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum!
Picked up a new '10 Vstar 950T at the Indy Bike Expo. Lovin' every minute of it. Already gleaned quite a bit of knowledge from the forum. Thanks to all of you wise ones for taking the time to share your knowledge. It is much appreciated.
Pictures to come, once I do something to alter the stock appearance, anyway. De-stickering the gas tank is about as far as I have got so far. Weather's been too nice to keep it off the road too long. Gonna try the stock pipe baffle drill-out idea first, then probably the AIS mod, and then see about a breather/fuel commander at some point. Need a few other little trinkets/accessories/gear as well.
Rode dirt bikes as a kid, 30 years ago, but nothing since. This is my mid-life crisis purchase, so away we go!

·
Administrator
13,665 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Oh you 950 riders. Always ready with an excuse for not posting pics. "It's to nice to keep off the road. Only mod I've done is destikering the tank etc etc. Sheesh:D

Welcome to the forum. Nice choice of ride you made, post often and beware of that Bevo guy; he'll have you spending on mods before you know it ;)

Ride safe and keep it right side up.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Welcome here:D From your name, and the Southern Indiana part,
I am guessin Crawford county?
Great rides there, I do many miles in your county.
Pretty and nice rides for sure.

Have fun here and with your new ride(Bevo may be a thorn, not to worry;)) Ride Safe:cool:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard.I don't know wise one but there is a lot of wise guys.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL. Glad to cross that AIS off the list. I guess/hope that will mean no popping after I bore out the stock baffles . . . so much to learn.

Lots of good roads in So Ind. I am a little north of my namesake county. 37 is a fun road through there, though. Pretty much any of the hilly parts of the state offer some fun rides. I like 45 from Bloomington to Bean Blossom. 135 south from there is nice. 446 north of Lake Monroe, if you watch out for the pedal pushers. Along the Ohio River is always nice. etc. etc.

Anyways--thanks for the warm welcome, and I will work on getting that pic posted!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK--Found a Pic

Just in case nobody remembers what a totally stock '10 950 Tourer looks like in Seashell tan, I found a pic of my bike.

I was skerred of any of the faster colors :p

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts