Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, thanks for the welcome, new to the vstar world. Acquired a 2005 vstar 1100 classic 7000 miles is what my wife's late grandfathers, had been sitting about 7 years and I've rescued it.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
That is a bittersweet way to get a great motorcycle.

Did you have much trouble getting it back on the road? Battery is a given. Depending on how it was prep'd before it was stored makes a big difference in what else is needed.

Sometimes people pull the bike into the garage, and dont realize that was the last time they will ever ride it, so it doesnt get stored well.

·
2,385 Posts
Welcome Mathew. That is a great bike. Hope you don't have too much trouble getting it back on the road. With only 7000 miles it's barely broken in and will give you thousands of miles of trouble free riding.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,132 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. I also acquired a bike several years ago that had set up. If you need any info on bringing it up to a safe riding condition just let me know. Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
6,300 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee Matthew, please keep us updated and share some pics after you get it back on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts