Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd stop in and say hi. I've been registered for a couple of months and I've been checking things out. This is a pretty great forum here.

I bought an '05 650 Classic Silverado a couple months ago and it's been awesome. It's my first bike and I've put on about 500 miles since the beginning of March. Been riding in the cold, the rain, the snow - everything. Completed a rider's safety course last weekend and I'll be officially licensed on Monday. No more restrictions!

Looking forward to lots of conversation on the forums and lots of miles on the road. I should have done this years ago!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
welcome lots of info on here for intake. It's hard to take it all in at times.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Thought I'd stop in and say hi. I've been registered for a couple of months and I've been checking things out. This is a pretty great forum here.

I bought an '05 650 Classic Silverado a couple months ago and it's been awesome. It's my first bike and I've put on about 500 miles since the beginning of March. Been riding in the cold, the rain, the snow - everything. Completed a rider's safety course last weekend and I'll be officially licensed on Monday. No more restrictions!

Looking forward to lots of conversation on the forums and lots of miles on the road. I should have done this years ago!
G'Day Crunchypoo from down under and welcome. As you'd already know it is a great forum with plenty of info and a few insane individuals. I have a 650 Vstar I have been working on to get on the road, have loved every minute of it.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ok, I will gladly welcome you to the forum but I cannot say your name without feeling a little dirty...How bout I call you crunchy! Congrats on the bike and I know that feeling you're talking about. Total freedom!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Another new member here, also saying hi, but also here to reply to OP.

Crunchypoo, my girlfriend is looking at getting her first bike, and one of the ones she's considering is the 650 Classic/Silverado. The dealer here in town has a couple of each.

How do you like the 650 as a first bike? She's concerned about getting too much motorcycle for a beginner, but she also doesn't want to waste money on something like a 250 which she'll outgrow too fast.

I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another new member here, also saying hi, but also here to reply to OP.

Crunchypoo, my girlfriend is looking at getting her first bike, and one of the ones she's considering is the 650 Classic/Silverado. The dealer here in town has a couple of each.

How do you like the 650 as a first bike? She's concerned about getting too much motorcycle for a beginner, but she also doesn't want to waste money on something like a 250 which she'll outgrow too fast.

I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Thanks!!
I love my 650. It is definitely not too much of a bike for a beginner. It's actually ideal as a first bike because of the light weight and low seat height and such. Skip the 250 - there are scooters bigger than that. Get the 650. Register her for a riding class. I did it, and it was worth it.

After riding for a week, she'll be surprised at how easy it is - and how much fun! Tell her to go for it! The Classic has nicer options like saddlebags and windshield. I would lean toward that. The bags and windshield have proven to be invaluable.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Skip the 250 - there are scooters bigger than that. Get the 650. Register her for a riding class. I did it, and it was worth it.
Done and done. We found a really good deal on a 650 Classic with low miles that a guy here in town was selling, so we picked that up for a little over half of what the dealership a block away was asking for essentially the same bike. Hooray, Craigslist!

We're going to get her into a class as soon as possible, and I think she'll be just fine. It's a pretty nimble bike.

Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome

I too am a newbie to this forum. I just purchased a new 09 950 tourer and i am absolutely in love with this bike. i will be post a lot in the future to get ideas and suggestions on what aftermarket accessories to add to my bike. Anyways, hello everybody!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Crunchypoo

Welcome to the forum, after a month of looking around I take it you know a few on here like a laugh now and again.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts