Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning several Honda's (can't even remember them all), I believe I am the owner of a 2005 Yamaha Star 1100 Silverado. It was being sold on consignment by the original owner, and I paid a deposit. The owner has to approve my offer, and sign the paperwork.

The bike only has 2011 miles on it, and is immaculate! How does someone keep a bike for 7 years, and only put 2011 miles on it? I ride that much in a week sometimes! I will post a pic as soon as I can.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Congratulations on your great, practically-new bike, and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to the pictures.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome to the best club around..Yamaha owners club..
To answere your question with mileage. There is a Tim hortons just down the road from me. The same group of bikers pull in there nightly and are there for hours on end. I have went fro rides come back by there 4 hours later and they are still there...posers.. is what we call them around here lol. Some buy bikes to look cool and others buy bikes to ride.
It could be other things like a guy buys a bike..but then comes a new baby and a whole lot less time to enjoy the bike.
I am a Honda lover to, but last year in Aug I bought my 03 V star 1100C and this season I even have more passion for my ride.
This forum and the KB (FAQ) data base makes mods and maintenance a breeze.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hopefully the next one will be at my house!
That's a great looking bike! I hope it works out for you.

But if it doesn't, you could bid on that pink go-cart in the background.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It looks exactly like my 03. My 2 tone is very similar and I love it! I see you don't have the oil relocation kit (ORK) on it. This is the best mod I've done to mine. Baron's was my choice. The other mod is the 2" up and 1" back risers I put on. Totally improved the comfort for me. You don't have the engine guard (crash bars) either. Well, don't by the 2 piece models. They looked great until I flopped and then it completely folded up. They could be restraightened by hand. I now have 1.25" diameter 1 piece cobra bar. Much more solid. Note: New front fender if needed will cost between $510 and $645. Take care of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a great looking bike! I hope it works out for you.

But if it doesn't, you could bid on that pink go-cart in the background.
Haha. My 5 year old daughter would love that!

Thanks, guys! I think it will be work out. Front fender is expensive!! Those mods sound about right for me.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the 4M, great bunch here and nice looking ride -- Enjoy and as always..

Ride safe

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Good deal on that almost new boke. I hope you get it. It's hard to
believe a 7 year bike would only have 2000 moles on it. Great find. Welcome to the forum.
I switched fro Honda to Yamaha myself a few years ago.
never regretted it.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice lookn scoot. Enjoy and be safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts