Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm here to learn from your group knowledge about my 2001 1100classic... just started riding again after 20+ years

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome to the forum from southwestern PA. And welcome back to riding. Ya know you 'll have to share some pics of that fine machine of yours. But you've come to the right place for info. Lots of good people here willing to share their experiences and knowledge. Ask yer questions and stay posted, and I'm sure you'll get the answers that you're looking for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought this bike with 18k original miles, just a weekender since I have to carry a bunch of tools for work...

So far I've put a little over 2k miles on it, an oil filter relocation, 5" floorboard extensions... it had Cobra longshot pipes on it already and when I read up on the popping / backfiring... many said to bypass the AIS tubes so I looped the hoses. Been running good since, so I think I'm doing the .45acp brass plugs this weekend.

Next is to rebuilt what I was told were recently rebuilt forks. Left side started leaking as soon as I started riding it on a regular basis, so I got a set of All-balls seals so I can try my hand at rebuilding them.

A friend gave me Memphis Shades, Fatz widshield, but NO mounting hardware so now I'm in the hunt for a set of brackets. Also looking at maybe mounting a set of hardbags, nothing spectacular, just enough to keep and jacket or sweatshirt (desert is hot during the day but can get fridged at night)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts