Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just bought a 2006 Roadliner here in OKC. Love the bike, but have a few questions/concerns.
For one, when I'm riding down the road and pull the clutch I can feel a rumbling that lasts for a second or two, goes away for about the same time span, and this will reoccur about 3 times before it finally goes away. I saw where the front pully on final drive can loosen up, so checked it, but all seemed well.
Then, after that rumbling goes away, and the clutch is disengaged when I lean left and right i can feel a simillar but different? grumbling through the floor boards at the apex of the leans. Rear Wheel Bearings??? The bike only has 8K mi. on her so seems odd for the wheel bearings to be bad. I am due for a new rear tire. This one is a little cupped from having been ridden with low air pressure. Just thought I'd get your guys opinion on weather to just get a new tire or to also change out the wheel bearings while the tire is off???

I will post to the main page as well. Just wanna figure out whats shak'n!
Thanks,
WillyB.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to our house of cruisers Sooner! This is a great site and awesome people. Sit back and get ready for the suggestions to start flowing. I'm an 1100 rider myself so I will leave it to the bigger CC folks to come along and help you out! Ride safe and keep the rubber side down.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
A cupped tire could do it. If the PO made a habit of running on underinflated tires, the bike may need a top to bottom physical to find out if other areas received such lackadaisical maintenance...

And welcome, eh?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome fellow liner rider the gray ones are the fastest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts