Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't feel like lurking for too long have too many questions I'll ask frequently. Considering the purchase of a 2011 950 star tourer. Currently have an 06 ls650 savage and have put 23000 miles on it time for an upgrade to a bigger ride.Try to ride all year long as weather is not too severe. Are there any mechanical issues I should be aware of ie. recalls or arbitrary maintanance other then regular oil changes?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Don't feel like lurking for too long have too many questions I'll ask frequently. Considering the purchase of a 2011 950 star tourer. Currently have an 06 ls650 savage and have put 23000 miles on it time for an upgrade to a bigger ride.Try to ride all year long as weather is not too severe. Are there any mechanical issues I should be aware of ie. recalls or arbitrary maintanance other then regular oil changes?
Yes it will run out of gas a lot, Welcome to the forum and the 950 is a great bike:eek:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome! I've had my 950T for a year now, got it brand new and have never had any mechanical issuses at all. Runs perfect. And it's such a smooth riding, exceptionly balanced bike it takes no effort at all to ride. And plenty of power. I give it ten stars.
**********:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

I was hoping so now I just have to convince my better looking half to let me get it. I ride to from work like I said earlier pretty much year round. Have put 20k on the odomiter injust two of three years ownersip of the ls650 savage that has gotten too small specially when we go 2up. Besides that just spent a small fortune on timing chain I don't want to have to repeet down the road again.

·
Super Moderator
13,068 Posts
howdy. be sure to vote for bike of the month

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4014

i've had my 950 for 2 years and 18K miles now. it's my daily ride as well. besides stuff that i've done to it or have had done to it, the bike hasn't needed anything other than routine maintenance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts