Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone newbee here, looking for some answers on why I have no low beam & yes I have checked the fuse & bulb not sure where to go except switch I & it looks ok

·
2,369 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. I also have an 1100 and they're great bikes. Electrical issues are not my strong suit but if you post your question in the appropriate section you'll get more responses. My guess would be a bad ground somewhere but I know there are more knowledgeable members out there who can offer better advice. You WILL get help here.

Oh, and post a pic if you can. We love pics here.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,067 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,266 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. As les mentioned, you’ll get the best answers in the appropriate section and yes, we’re big on pics here.
BTW, thank you for your service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
675 Posts
Welcome from Ohio! As others have mentioned there is a vast amount of knowledge on this forum...Soon after a few posts and suggestions you will be able to see the road you are on! Low beams and Hi Beams... Good luck! Thank You for your Service!

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I have not seen another thread for your hi beam problem

I think you will need to have at it with a volt meter, and start at the head light, or the battery and work your way point to point thru the wiring diagram, and see where you lose the 12V or the ground. Since the low beam works its probably not the ground unless the hi/low switch on the handlebar is wired to some wonky relay logic.

The factory service manuals for most Vstar bikes can be found online as a free PDF download file. The wiring diagrams are on the last pages. The only thing that is weird about them is they use odd letters for the wire colors on the schematic... like yellow is K or something... not what you would expect. You might also be able to find just the wiring diagram separately.

it could be as simple as a corroded push in wire connector between the handlebar switch and the fuse or headlight relay.

dont assume because you have 12V on one end of one wire that you have it at the other end - wires do break in the middle, or get crushed or severed.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,067 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts