Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there fellow riders. I am Lonnie, been riding since i was a teen took a long break and picked up a 2001 vstar 1100 classic in 2012 and love most parts of this bike! Been having problems lately with electrical issues hoping to find some answers here and since i have the bike stripped its getting painted now and getting upgrades too. Heres the before pic and i will post a new pic when all done!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,003 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome, I hope you get your electrical problems sorted out......the 1100 is a very nice all-around bike.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
If you dont have the recent maintenance history, with it stripped down that far now would be a good time to check the valve clearance, take the carbs off enough (so you can move them aside...) to get to the intake tappet covers

and then you should not need to check them again for another 10k miles at least. If you dont know the last time (year) they were checked get new orings for the tappet covers. They are $4 each, but its worth the $16 to not have to take the carbs off again if they leak.

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Welcome Lonnie! Nice looking ongoing project you have there. Post your questions in the Vstar section and you’ll get answers, lots of 1100 owners here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hello Lonnie welcome to our forum! Thanks for showing the before, we will be looking for the after, as well. Great bike and sure you will enjoy lots of miles when you get your bike in order!
Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
2,345 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada and (still) an 1100 owner. Nice looking bike and as others have stated, very reliable. I checked the valves on mine without having to remove the carbs. I did take the tank and breather assembly off and there was plenty of room.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts