Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. Live in Rock Hill, SC, and love riding (who doesnt, right?). Years ago I rode, and got rid of the bike, and have been missing it ever since. Just recently I aquired an '02 Vstar Custom (1100), that has been sitting out in the weather, so it needs a little TLC astetic wise, however it runs/rides great as is.

I look forward to digging around the forums, and utilizing the knowledge base here as I begin the fun.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome Penguin from another newbie in the sunny Southwest. I too, had a 40 year hiatus before getting back in the saddle 12 years ago. Priorities right? Had to raise the kids and stay off bikes for safety reasons. Now it's time to enjoy!!! You'll find lots of knowledgable people here who can answer your questions. (Not me - I'm new to the V-Star):) Ride safe buddy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thnks for the warm welcome. Ill get some pics up in a few days. Nothing really spectacular by any means, but its a work in progress....possibly some before and after pics.

Thanks Bevo, Ive already participated in both polls...

And to my Canadian friend, Whe is this hockey seqson gonna begin, Im dieing here.....haha

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hockey what is Ho.. Oh yeah the sport where rich brats make more than the president and prime minister make combined and they lead an entire country.

Not sure man, but the Senators are going to win the cup this year.
True, however they still dont make anywhere nearwhat the NFL,NBA,MLB guys make....sure, different market, blah blah blah....I'd be happy to see Beteman step (sp?) down and stop ruining the league.

Of course Ottawa has a great chance to win the cup this year, so far noone can stop them, haha....

Penguins fan here......come on, dont make that face.....:D

·
Registered
845 Posts
Welcome from the Midlands of SC, right down the road ... almost.

Summer of 2011 road my then Suzuki C50 up through your area on to Concord, NC, left the bike at Ride On Power Sports and drove home on my current VStar 1300.
It was an adventure, was on my new to me bike for the first time, for not even 10 minutes in Concord at rush hour in Charlotte dodging lightening bolts, on and off slammin rain, light rain, tractor trailers, 3,4,5 lanes highways full of traffic but moving fast.
But proud to say I made it and laugh now when I think about it ... *LOL*
Good luck with the bike.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from the Midlands of SC, right down the road ... almost.

Summer of 2011 road my then Suzuki C50 up through your area on to Concord, NC, left the bike at Ride On Power Sports and drove home on my current VStar 1300.
It was an adventure, was on my new to me bike for the first time, for not even 10 minutes in Concord at rush hour in Charlotte dodging lightening bolts, on and off slammin rain, light rain, tractor trailers, 3,4,5 lanes highways full of traffic but moving fast.
But proud to say I made it and laugh now when I think about it ... *LOL*
Good luck with the bike.
Nice story, I wouldnt want to be caught in Charlotte (pronounced Car-Lot) in rush hour on a new bike. I've been up that way quite a few times. My office is off W T Harris, which is just shy of Concord. Luckily I work outta the house most of the time...

I see your an "alarmguy"... security integrator? I worked as a security integrator for 6 years, until I landed the job I have now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts