Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just picked up a 2006 V-Star 1100 Silverado. Its in excellent condition with custom exhaust and a oil filter relocation kit. Best money I've ever spent. :D

I live near the beach and am wondering what should I be using to cut down on the salt corrosion? Is there a special wax or something.

I'm new to bikes so any help is appreciated.

SM.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Quebec Canada. Good choice of bike. to help you out with the salt issue, you should post some pics of your bike so we can see what you mean :rolleyes:.

I'm sure someone will come along and help you out with this one. Not much salt where I live except for the winter months :mad:

Post often, tell us about the rides you go/went on and ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome. I'm not sure you'll have any problems with rust except for untreated or exposed metal surfaces. I know when we lived in San Diego several years ago, I couldn't leave even a pair of pliers on the porch overnight. Next morning they would be covered in rust. No problem here in Arizona, but I'm sure there will be those in your area who will offer tips and tricks. Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welllllllllcome to the 4M (got so busy looking at the picture I stuttered :) Oh welcome to the 4M great group here enjoy ride safe!!

·
Super Moderator
13,061 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts