Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stratoliner weekend warrior looking for group to ride with and good info on my baby. Great site. Have been reading it since I got her in Oct, and now I want to start posting. Hello all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought my Strat from a dealer in Tampa a couple of weeks ago. Welcome!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard Ron G my fellow liner rider.Ok I get to start in with you by saying if you like this site that means you been reading it for a while. Correct? So since you kinda know what we do around here where are your PICTURES?I know your saying to your self You seen one liner you've seen them all. Wrong be proud and show that beast off.Oh you better bring your sense of humor.So tell us a little bit about you and your past bikes. It's hard to tell what color your bike is by that pic you posted.Welcome, ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. @ HDeater- I am new to the world of motorcycles, and believe it or not, the Strato is my first bike. Got a great deal on a leftover 2009, and when I compared it to other manufacturers and bikes, decided I couldn't pass it up. How right I was and how happy I am with my decision. I can honestly say that there is not another bike I would rather own...and I have ridden HD, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Victory in the short time I have been riding. All nice in their own right, but damn we got a good machine.

So why am I just now starting to post? Well, I guess it is the natural evolution of this newfound passion of mine, but the real catalyst was 2 weekends in Daytona at Bike Week. Seeing all those custom bikes really got me thinking about what I want to do make my bike unique. Right now she is stock with the exception of Cobra Highway bars, but that is going to change and this is where you all and the forum come in. I have lots of questions about different options, and I will be posting those questions as I work on modifying her. Again @ HDeater I have no problem posting pics, but I am wondering if I should wait until she is something other than basically stock. Finally @ HDeater, yes I have a sense of humor and there is very little that will offend me when said in good-natured jest. Looking forward to the exchange!

·
Super Moderator
13,201 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. @ HDeater- I am new to the world... Again @ HDeater I have no problem posting pics... Finally @ HDeater, yes I have a sense of humor and there is very little that will offend me when said in good-natured jest. Looking forward to the exchange!
should we give you 2 some privacy?

·
Registered
305 Posts
should we give you 2 some privacy?
LMAO!!!

Anyway Ron, welcome to the bored! ;) Go ahead and post some pics. Of the bike, just so we're clear! :cool: What do you have planned for that fine beast? Mild or wild?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@bevo1981- I didn't think this was the kind of site that had "private" areas. I guess I got into more than I bargained for.:)

I will take so pics of her now and post them....I am getting the "subtle" hints that this is what is expected of members. Anyay, that will give me a before and after.

@ roxtar- more to the mild side. going for understated sleek style that, oh, by the way, will SMOKE your HOG-----no, not that way bevo 1981!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts