Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a bike off of a friend, and it runs bad. It says v star on the tank and is a vtwin with down draught carburetors, which I have rebuilt to no avail. Im not sure what year, where would I look to find out?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
How ya'll doin eh? This here be the welcome to the forum place so, welcome to the forum eh. Post a pic or two of your bike and we'll tell ya where the vin hides. And if you tell us more about yourself, well answer the questions you asked in the vstar forum on the issues you have with this fine machine of yours ;). There are tons f great folks on here and all want to help out, offer advice and spend your cash on mods :D.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Well, Welcome for sure Tyork!

No matter what year or size your vstar, I'm sure she is a fine ride, even if in need of some love.

I just bought a bike off of a friend, and it runs bad. It says v star on the tank and is a vtwin with down draught carburetors, which I have rebuilt to no avail. Im not sure what year, where would I look to find out?
Well.....if your not sure the year, engine size or other pertinent info...... I'm not sure how you 'rebuilt [the carbs] to no avail.' Do you know what carbs are on the bike (e.g. mikuni)? Do you know what size jets are in for the mains and pilots? Did you rebuild them or just clean them?

Either way, snap some pics and we'll help you figure it all out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts