Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Name is Paul, 28 been riding since I was a Lil kid off road and started riding street bikes at 18.
First bike was a brand new pearl white V Star 650 custom with all the normal goodies, think I have a few pics somewhere of it.
Had to let it go after my divorce and then went a few years of no ride. Them I found a crazy deal on a 1982 Yamaha XS400 Maxim and pretty much restored it, it had been sitting for years with only a few thousand miles on it. After 3 years and 20,000 miles. I was finally able to replace it with my 2005 Yamaha Roadstar warrior which I've owned now for 4 yrs. Have rode a Lil over 50,000 miles on it. It's also done 3 1000 miles iron butt charity rides.
I got my ol'lady into riding, took the course with her and she rode my 400 for a year than upgraded to a 2010 Yamaha V Star 950 Tourer which we've done alot of work to and she's put over 20,000 mile on now.
I've built a few warrior engines 100+ HP and I'm restoring a warrior for a friend of mine right now, new paint, bunch of powercoat, clutch upgrade, exhaust work, wheel bearings, brakes,lights ect. Pretty much a full over haul after 55,000 miles and two lay downs.
Have the ol'ladys bike tore down right now also, fitting a batwing fairing, with touchscreen radio and a 200 watt amp with 3 way 6x9's and just powder coated the rims and installed a bomber engine cover kit.
Ran across this forum to see what kinda info or mods I can find for the ol'ladys 950 and I have a buddy redoing a 2000 roadstar he just picked up for crazy cheap that needs alot of TLC. ImageUploadedByMO Free1362260816.676121.jpg
Roadstar I candy painted a few years ago
ImageUploadedByMO Free1362260849.997451.jpg
My warrior bunch of mods
ImageUploadedByMO Free1362260888.176000.jpg
Warrior I built the engine in 100 HP on a stock bore, heads,cams,clutch upgrade, speed star ecu
ImageUploadedByMO Free1362261003.553563.jpg
Ol'ladys bike
ImageUploadedByMO Free1362261061.226313.jpg
Warrior I'm overhauling right now

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.
Jealous me, I had to trade away my warrior to get my Strat. My bride rides with me, a lot more now than ever so the Strat fits us just fine.

·
Registered
412 Posts
welcome wagon! those warrior's look pretty good. i had one and i must say, it was one of my favorites.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
The older I get, the less I feel the term "ol lady" is the warm, loving description it is meant as. That's why I only date old farts...then I can say "No matter how hag-like I get, I'm a younger woman for you babe". But welcome. Nice rides - especially love that last warrior!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks guys
Looking into doing a few more mods to her V Star
Currently mounting batwing faring with 2 way 6x9's, tweeters and Bluetooth media player on and just got the rims back from powercoat and scored a take off Rush slip on muffler off eBay
I'm also in the Strat market think also, the deluxe's are really growing on me
Warriors are still my thing and for as cheap as there getting there maybe a turbo qtr mile bike in my future

Few pics of what I've been working on ImageUploadedByMO Free1364267194.547957.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1364267216.914220.jpg
The warrior I'm restoring
ImageUploadedByMO Free1364267290.549351.jpg
93 Dodge Cummins diesel I just spent a year redoing for a buddy all the way down to cab and frame and bare metal to that

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The older I get, the less I feel the term "ol lady" is the warm, loving description it is meant as. That's why I only date old farts...then I can say "No matter how hag-like I get, I'm a younger woman for you babe". But welcome. Nice rides - especially love that last warrior!
I grew up in Virginia and have a hard time losing that term lol
Getting married in October so I guess I can start calling her my wife now......

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome!

The warriors are mean bikes. Taking the roadstar and making it a sport bike... They're just to much fun. Looking good, hope to hear more about these projects of yours. Videos are always welcome too :D

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Dammit, now I wanna be your buddy. Maybe not bad enough to have to live in Indiana though.

And hey, I knew you meant it in a loving way. Cracks me up every time I introduce my "boyfriend" to friends. Hi, I'm old, and my name is Annie and I'm far too old to date boys but Man-friend sounds like I'm paying him to date me....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts