Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 VStar 650 Classic
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie, sort of speak.

I am back on the saddle after successfully passing the California Motorcyclist Safety Program - CMSP - at my local Harley. During my younger years I used to ride off-road bikes in the desert and mountains. Riding on paved roads its so much easier.
Recently, last November 2019., I purchased a 2001 VStar 650 Custom in very good cosmetic condition 21,000 miles in the odometer.
For what I am hearing Yamaha VStar are reliable motorcycles if taken care of properly. I plan on commuting once a week to work, around 30 miles round-trip, and back road cruising on weekends. My guess is that my yearly mileage be around 3,000 or so. At the moment no long trips planned.

·
Super Moderator
3,626 Posts
Even though you've been here for a while now, I'll toss out a welcome :). As you've seen, we have some very talented and helpful people here who are more than happy to help in any way they can. Glad you got your 650 working better and I know you're going to have many trouble free miles of fun on it.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,066 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Congrats on buying the most reliable bike made according to Consumers Report. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :
Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Welcome it seems like a lot of used to bounce our bodies off of the dirt on our enduros when we were young. I got mine when i was 16. I tried to destroy it but i couldn't do it. There was a big long trail of bikes along the way. Thought i was done riding when i sold my 1800 VTX then i found my 2001 1100 Classic the following weekend and fell in love with riding all over again.

·
Super Moderator
7,246 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee! I remember the days of dirt and trail riding in SoCal, life was so simple then, anyways we’re glad you joined us. Once I got back into riding I bought an 07’ 650 classic and absolutely loved it. Extremely reliable and nimble in traffic, you’ll have a lot of trouble free miles out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
I am a newbie, sort of speak.

I am back on the saddle after successfully passing the California Motorcyclist Safety Program - CMSP - at my local Harley. During my younger years I used to ride off-road bikes in the desert and mountains. Riding on paved roads its so much easier.
Recently, last November 2019., I purchased a 2001 VStar 650 Custom in very good cosmetic condition 21,000 miles in the odometer.
For what I am hearing Yamaha VStar are reliable motorcycles if taken care of properly. I plan on commuting once a week to work, around 30 miles round-trip, and back road cruising on weekends. My guess is that my yearly mileage be around 3,000 or so. At the moment no long trips planned.
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy browsing the many threads. Happy trails on your VS650. Mine is now sitting out the winter here in NY.?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! Many, many 650 riders here who can get you back on the road safely and quickly. Snoop around the forum and enjoy.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Welcome from way up north!
You will have lots of fun on the 650!
Have you downloaded the factory service manual yet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts