Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just got my motorcycle license (yes, the damn thing is still wet from the DMV). I took the 2 day MSF basic rider course and am riding a Ninja 250 that belongs to my boyfriend. But, in true second childhood fashion I went out and bought myself a GORGEOUS 2003 Vstar Custom 650. Two tone purple and lilac (yes, I know that sounds a tad girlie but since I'm female, I'm ok with that). Have taken the vstar out into a parking lot a couple of times and anticipate putting her on the road in another month or two. She is pristine with only 2K miles on her so I'm trying to commit all my mistakes on the 89 Ninja.

Thought this place would be a good place to learn more about my bike.

Annie

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wow, I'm impressed. I've been riding for almost 10 years now and I still don't have my motorcycle license...

Also: pictures.

650's are neat little bikes, you have the comfort of a star cycle, it's a lot lighter and easier to handle, especially for both a beginner and a woman. And if you don't "need" the power, it will get you where you want to go quite well.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

That's right, smack up the Ninja, just as well, because when you both go out for a ride, he's going to want to up grade anyway. :D

That color doesn't sound "girlie"...or did you mean the 650 sounds "girlie"?

Of course I AM expecting retaliation for that comment. :D

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
inSo I'm just trying to get through the day here at work so I can leave and enjoy that bright orange ball in the sky for the weekend on the bike.

So, in an attempt to see if this works...here's a pic of me on the Ninja. Vstar pics to come; those are at home:

So I've been told the dark purple/lilac combo is girlie...but purple is my favorite color so I really don't care...lol. No retaliation for that comment. The boyfriend is a MotoGuzzi/Ducati guy so he bought the Ninja to teach his kid to ride and has passed it to me.

·
Registered
394 Posts
dark purple/lilac is girlie, 650 is girlie..... but it's ok. Perhaps it's the fact that you called it lilac that makes it girly.

When you have the picture uploaded, right click, copy image location,a nd put that in. If it says thumbnail.png, it's not going to be right.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well dammit, why can't *I* do that. I'm in Metrowest, Ashland. But a frequent visitor to the Kasbar....

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Ahhh come on, you can do it.
Get the picture properties from Image Shack or wherever you have it stored on-line and copy the link:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg215/scaled.php?server=215&filename=ninjavs.jpg&res=landing

then come back here and in the window where you type your message, click the little yellow icon that looks like a picture of mountain and the sun, then paste the picture link and then hit "post reply". That procedure simply puts the link inside "image" thingy's

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think starting on a smaller cc bike and graduating to a larger bike is a smart move. I've seen a few rider start on a bike to big with no riding skills put the bike down scare themselves into not riding again. It doesn't matter what color your bike is the fact you ride one is the most important thing.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That is a great bike you will have lots of fun.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Purple and lilac? Is lilac a fancy word for lavender? I guess for a girl that would be fine:)

Welcome here, to the world of genius and insanity all rolled into one:D

This site is most different with one hell of alot of great folks:cool:

Have fun, Ride Safe:cool:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts