Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my name is draginrider, i ride a 98 v-star 650 custom, it has baron drag bars, custom paint,cobra exhausts, it has been re-jetted, i have some questions? i heard that the ais can be blocked off to keep it from back firing at decelaration, also i'd like to cut my exhaust pipes shorter and remove the baffels,will this cause problems? i run premuim gas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input, when i bought the bike, the seller said he used premuim gas i've been useing it and this machine really moves... the pipes are( cobra ) long, 2 into 2 slash tips they extend back to end of the frame. ( i hate winter in west virginia!!!!) i don't have cold weather riding gear. besides ya never know when that ice patch might reach out an GRAB ya.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey y'all, does anybody know if an oil leak is a common occurance under the oilfilter cover? i did an oil change on my 98 v star 650 custom and discoverd that the bolt hole nearest the oilfilter was stripped out , my brother's 98 v star 650 classic has the very same problem. and does anyone besides westeagle make chopper parts for this bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts