Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never even sat on a motorcycle til 3 months ago, but a few of my friends who love riding pushed me into this. I'm 48, so figured I;d start safe. I took the safety course and bought a 250 to get going with.

I gotta tell ya'all....I LOVE IT! This is fantastic. Yamaha makes some great products for sure.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the funhouse Slager! I'm gonna guess you're a smaller fella since I don't think the 250 would hall my large arse very far. Congrats on both the safety course and ride! You'll find a lot of great info here, though there aren't many I've seen with the 250 here on the forum.

The Yamaha bike is a great bike and we all love them here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i'm 5'8" at 160 lbs so not huge, but can tell I'll need something a bit larger next season. I wish there was something in between a 250 and a 650 though. The weight of the bike jumps up big time fomr one to the other, and I still want to be able to handle it easily. But the extra weight would sure help with the damned wind!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Welcome to the forum and two thumb's up for becoming a rider. From the 250 too the 650 is not that big of a jump;) I had a 250 before the 650 and is was deck out to look like the 650/1100/roadstar . I'm 5'10" 170 and the 650 is a cramped bike for me . My wife started at 52yrs. with the 250 then on to the 650 and it was a EZ move for her. 5yrs later and 32,000miles the 650 is going strong .

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be.

Don't forget to stay alert while you ride:)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome slager you made two oh I mean 3 good choice. Safety course best choice the 250 is a great starter bike and this forum well you will find out.Be safe and keep the shiny side up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts