Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you all for having me and my 2008 V-Star 650. The bike has 483 original miles on it, and some issues that go along with resting instead of running... Hopefully I can solve my lazy front cylinder problem through the forum.

·
2,349 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Atlantic Canada, Parttime. Sounds like you got yourself a nice bike. Post your issues in the appropriate forum for the best results and I'm sure our members will be happy to help out. Post a pic when you get a chance too (we love pics here!)

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,016 Posts

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
A bike that was left parked for years with gas in the tank might need the carbs cleaned

but first get a pint of SeaFoam from Walmart and run an ounce per gallon (4 ounces per tank) thru the bike, maybe for 400 miles, and see if it clears up.

If the bike has old gas in the tank and it could be more than 6 months old, drain that out first. I dont know what to do with old gas, maybe put it in your car, one gallon per tank of fresh gas, to get rid of it.

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Sounds like you got great advice and ditto on the pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts