Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL!...

I am getting ready to purchase my first bike and after doing research I have decided it will be a Yamaha V-series... I just cant pin down what I want... they are all so nice...
WANTS:... to be able to add hard bags and batwing to whatever one I get.. I plan on doing as much work as I can myself. I do have a friend that is a cert Yamaha tech and can help with some of the things I cant do.
I want at LEAST an 1100 but could go bigger.. BUT I want to buy gently used...
How many miles are to many?

I cant wait to get to the open road again...

·
Super Moderator
13,073 Posts
howdy

depends on what 'gently' means to you. and how old/used you want to go. 2 yrs old? more? most used bikes for sale that are less than 5yrs old have under 5,000 miles. so that's what i'd pinpoint the norm at: less than 5yrs, less than 5K miles. so in that group, if you want one more 'gently' used than others, you may look at bikes that just have around 2K miles or so. of course there's a lot of other things to consider that would make an older bike with more miles more attractive than a newer bike with fewer miles, but this is just a general guideline that i think you're asking for. hope that points you in the right direction.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, names Rusty. If this is your first ride, you should try to find the right size and weight that you can handle safely. You can all ways big bigger later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts