Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. My name is Patrick. I bought my second bike, first cruiser and first V Star yesterday. I bought a 2011 V Star 950 Tourer with just over 6k miles. I'm very excited to start riding again. I owned a 2004 Ninja 636 back a decade ago, had multiple surgeries due to my service in the Army, had to get rid of it and have missed riding ever since. Back in 2009 it was a decision between the Ninja and a V Star. I'm glad I learned on a Sport bike (found it easier), but wish I would have bought the V Star instead. I look forward to learned from you all's experience and knowledge. I learned to ride in Georgia but live in Ohio now, so learning to ride in cold weather will be interesting.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! As always great to have another Buckeye on board! Thank You for your service also. This is a great forum with great friendly people. Snoop around and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
POhio,
Welcome from northeast Georgia! Congratulations on the new to you cruiser.
Thank you for your service! Glad to hear you are back on the bike!
There are many helpful folks on this site.
Please join us for the virtual meet and greet next weekend.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,231 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Most of us here started with sport bikes but now love the cruisers. Here's a few intesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt.

Ride often and safe.

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
POhio,
Welcome from northeast Georgia! Congratulations on the new to you cruiser.
Thank you for your service! Glad to hear you are back on the bike!
There are many helpful folks on this site.
Please join us for the virtual meet and greet next weekend.
I learned to ride outside of Fort Stewart, GA. Riding there year round is great!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome from NC! Thank you for your service from an old former Marine (1966 - 1971). I hope you enjoy your 950T as much as I've enjoyed mine (33K so far).

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin you picked a great bike to get back on. There are a lot of 950 riders here. I won't hold it against you that you are a buckeye. I will hold it against @Redbird58 that you are.
Wow Bron's 14-0 over Pittsburgh right now. I love the Baker Mayfield progressive commercials.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from Wisconsin you picked a great bike to get back on. There are a lot of 950 riders here. I won't hold it against you that you are a buckeye. I will hold it against @Redbird58 that you are.
Wow Bron's 14-0 over Pittsburgh right now. I love the Baker Mayfield progressive commercials.
Don’t put that Buckeye stuff on me! I’m a Hoosier through and through! LOL.

28-0 @ the end of the 1st. Crazy!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome from a fellow army veteran and next door neighbor from western PA. I think you will love your V Star. I know mine is a major factor in maintaining my mental health.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
@Deeksvstarclassic @Pohio Dont be hatin on us Buckeyes.....At least let us enjoy the first few moments of the Championship game tonight...The Browns winning last night was a shocker but I think after 2020....anything is possible. But Bama is a big time offensive machine...Buckeye defense...not so much...but anything can happen....

new avitar??? What do ya think??

·
Super Moderator
3,280 Posts
Pohio From another Patrick welcome to the forum from Sacramento, Ca.

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,629 Posts
Hello Patrick and welcome from Virginia.

I do a fair amount of cold weather riding so if you have question, please let me know. In the meantime, there are several thread about gloves and other cold weather riding gear you can peruse.

·
Super Moderator
7,754 Posts
Hi Patrick!
Welcome from East Tennessee. Wife and I each own a 950 and they have been excellent bikes, you’ll get a lot of miles out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts