Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The End of the Line...

Ontario Dealers can not order any more from Yamaha Canada...

The Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental and Eluder...ARE DONE....They are now E.O.L. (End of Life) and 21' models...only left at any dealer in stock. Nothing more coming from Yamaha factory production lines, for the Venture and Eluder, from Japan...and the Yamaha Corp Warehouse has none in stock, or coming from Japan. Done...Finito. The only stock still for sale..is only what any dealer has. Get this...my dealer checked for me today...there are only TWO white 21 SVTC's presently still unsold, in all of Ontario. That's it...and both dealers are not willing to trade, or sell to another dealer.... So here's the scoop...if you own a 2018, and you LOVE your bike...and want to have the pleasure of it, for the rest of your days,---> WITH the Gen 2 Harman Kardin PCM and Slave Modules installed and aboard,...you had better make a decision on if you trade/sell your 2018, and then (IF...if you can find one now...) get a 21, with the Gen 2 PCM and Slave Modules that are installed in this production year. The Gen 2 fixes all the niggly problems that were written in the rush-out-the-door Gen 1 release in 2018.

If you are a SVTC 'fence sitter'...you had better get off that fence, and find a dealer that even HAS a 21 SVTC in stock...and pounce on it. As for parts, my dealer said that is not a problem...they can still get parts from Yamaha, for the very first generation of the Venture name. He said that they will have parts for this bike, 20 years from now, so that is not a reason to not pick one up. If you are reading this...and want one...the clock is ticking. When there is no more dealer stock, USA or Canada...that's it...that was the Yamaha Star Venture run. There is no listing for 2022/23 SVTC's now on Yamaha USA and Canada, and no dealer can order one...they are no longer being produced in the factory, in Japan. 'Gone with the Wind'....and.....the end of the line.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I see 5 2021 SVTC on Cycle trader in the entire US and 4 of them are at the same dealer in Florida
My dealer said that the SVTC engine and tranny is truly bullet proof...and if kept up with proper scheduled maintenance,...and not borked and misued...it should last 'three life times'.... I rode away, with a very, big smile...on my face...and a VERY NEW and seemingly strong Starter Motor...heading home! Oh...he also said to me, don't sweat, getting parts even now with the bike E.O. L. Yamaha will have all the parts when needed for quite a few years, ...not to worry about that. Just own and enjoy. Yep...for sure!:D(y)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think your dealer is optimistic on the parts availability for 20 years. I don't doubt that most mechanical and maintenance items will be available for 20 years. But I think the problem will be body parts, which shouldn't matter unless your dump bike or are in an accident. I had a 2007 RoadStar Midnight Silverado S and I just looked to a few things to check availability. You cannot get gas tanks (last of the carbureted RS's), saddlebags, and some of the other body parts, and they are only 15 years old. Some stuff like fenders or other parts that are the same as the fuel injected RS's are still available because they made them until 2014. You have to realize that Roadstars were made from 1999-2014, there will be a lot more parts available for a longer period of time. With only 3 model years of the Venture, and 1 model year of the Eluder, parts availability I think will be an issue way before 20 years, but that's just my pessimistic opinion. Just something to be aware of.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I think your dealer is optimistic on the parts availability for 20 years. I don't doubt that most mechanical and maintenance items will be available for 20 years. But I think the problem will be body parts, which shouldn't matter unless your dump bike or are in an accident. I had a 2007 RoadStar Midnight Silverado S and I just looked to a few things to check availability. You cannot get gas tanks (last of the carbureted RS's), saddlebags, and some of the other body parts, and they are only 15 years old. Some stuff like fenders or other parts that are the same as the fuel injected RS's are still available because they made them until 2014. You have to realize that Roadstars were made from 1999-2014, there will be a lot more parts available for a longer period of time. With only 3 model years of the Venture, and 1 model year of the Eluder, parts availability I think will be an issue way before 20 years, but that's just my pessimistic opinion. Just something to be aware of.
I guess as with all things, the passage of time, beyond the model's four year production run, will be all telling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's what I was told, by a very 'in' and reliable Ontario Dealer, today as I asked him IF..I wanted to trade up to a 21...
I just called Yamaha Customer service (USA) and was told that he had not heard that the Venture was E. O. L. He told me that probably around November, based on when the 2021's hit the dealerships last year. So, I guess time will tell. The number I called is (800)962-7926

1 - 9 of 9 Posts