Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

401 - 412 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
2002 v star 650 custom
459 Posts
I thought crash test dummies were orange, not green?

😆

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did not want to run the 150' extension cord to my shed so I could run my battery tender this winter. I was always concerned that someone or some animal would unplug it or chew through the cord. So I bit the bullet and bought a solar battery tender. Its low wattage so it wont charge a dead battery but for the last month it has kept my V-Star 650's battery at 100%....And it has the tender connection already attached along with interchangeable cigarette lighter adaptor and alligator clips.

This is what I bought...

Of course your mileage may vary but I'm delighted with my $29.95 purchase. The only possible downside is the solar panel cord is only 6' long so if you need to place the panel further away you will need to but an extension cord.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts

I would were these. :unsure:
I've seen the jackets and they are 'refillable' with CO2 cartridges. I used inflatable life preservers when I used to kayak, much more comfortable for a day of paddling than a vest or regular life jacket.

Reactions: Deeksvstarclassic

·
Administrator
14,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
I did not want to run the 150' extension cord to my shed so I could run my battery tender this winter. I was always concerned that someone or some animal would unplug it or chew through the cord. So I bit the bullet and bought a solar battery tender. Its low wattage so it wont charge a dead battery but for the last month it has kept my V-Star 650's battery at 100%....And it has the tender connection already attached along with interchangeable cigarette lighter adaptor and alligator clips.

This is what I bought...

Of course your mileage may vary but I'm delighted with my $29.95 purchase. The only possible downside is the solar panel cord is only 6' long so if you need to place the panel further away you will need to but an extension cord.
copied this post from another thread since it belongs here as well

401 - 412 of 412 Posts