Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've heard how this current year, still going on as this is typed, will be the last for Rolling Thunder. The President has publicly stated that it will go on for many years to come yet those in-the-know say otherwise.

Be that as it may, I just got through reading a short news story about how instead of the main huge trip, Rolling Thunder will be broken down into regional events.

Pray tell does anyone know how those will be organized? Where they'll take place (I am interested in the PNW area)? And so forth? I realize these questions may be a bit early since it is still in the process of happening now.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
We've heard how this current year, still going on as this is typed, will be the last for Rolling Thunder. The President has publicly stated that it will go on for many years to come yet those in-the-know say otherwise.

Be that as it may, I just got through reading a short news story about how instead of the main huge trip, Rolling Thunder will be broken down into regional events.

Pray tell does anyone know how those will be organized? Where they'll take place (I am interested in the PNW area)? And so forth? I realize these questions may be a bit early since it is still in the process of happening now.
It truly is way too soon to tell. Artie Muller was just on CSPAN live and talking about President Trumps comment.
At this point NOTHING is going forward until Artie and the leaders have a chance to sit down with Trump and find out what he can actually do for them.
Let’s face it, the actual tally this year was OVER 1 MILLION motorcycles! That’s massive for any city to handle.
It’s gotten so big that I can see the benefit of having smaller regional rallies.
We’ll just have to see what Artie Muller & Rolling Thunder are able to work out with President Trump.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doomed by its' own success. Regional events would seem to still be cool.

I knew it was really too early to ask but it was in my head.

·
Super Moderator
13,118 Posts
...yet those in-the-know say otherwise.
like the president of the event: "This is our final ride in Washington, DC. this is our final ride in Washington," Rolling Thunder President Joe Bean said, after being read Trump's tweet.
In December, the group said it would be hosting its last event in Washington during Memorial Day weekend in 2019. Organizers said the costs of putting on the national ride have become prohibitive, with last year's event costing about $200,000 in various related expenses.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,660 Posts
This will answer most questions about the events future.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, I must admit that I did confuse the two events. I thought Rolling Thunder was the cross-country ride and until the beginning of the currently running RFTW thread never heard of Run For the Wall. Didn't hear a whisper about it.

I shall never be able to do a RFTW. WAAAY too expensive for me and too time consuming. I just cannot free up that much time and $$ to participate (I wish that I could dredge up the time but the wife and I babysit two of our grandkids and cannot swing putting that aside.). BUT..... something more regional may work for me, regardless if its called RFTW or Rolling Thunder.

So, if RFTW will continue as-is (good), then my interests must therefore lie in more local stuff even if "local" may be defined as something that covers a few states. I shall be waiting to hear more about what the story is in the months ahead.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Let’s face it, the actual tally this year was OVER 1 MILLION motorcycles!
skeptical of that tally since it is still going on and the event itself estimated only half that amount for last year
I can understand how having that many actual Trump supporters assembled in Washington might bother you.
You must have missed the CSPAN news broadcast where Artie Muller himself stated 1 MILLION.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts