Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi. I just registered over the weekend since it looks like I'll be purchasing a brand new 2011 V-Start 950 real soon. Went to look at one on Saturday and loved it. Even my wife said, "Do it!". LOL

Will be trading in our 06 HD Sportster. We just wanted something a bit more comfortable for 2-up riding and I wanted fuel injection. My 883 still has a carb and since I'm lazy I'm done messing around with carbs and chokes.

Anyways...hello from the Lehigh Valley!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome aboard JP1. Congrats on the bike, I really like the look of the 950. Plenty of information around here on all the Stars. Can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I have to admit that I'm feeling a little "weird" going from a Harley to a metric, but you just can't beat the bang-for-the-buck factor on these V-Stars. An equivalent sized Harley would cost at least twice as much. Heck, the 950 is only about $1500 more than what I paid for the Sporty 5 years ago.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
An equivalent sized Harley would cost at least twice as much.
1. Welcome in from the cold and dark:)

2. Rule #1: There is no "equivalent Harley" on a Star forum!:D:D:D

3. Relax and enjoy the forum. Some really nice folks here (haven't found any yet, but that's the by-line...:))

Did I say welcome?:)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Even my wife said, "Do it!". LOL
Will be trading in our 06 HD Sportster. We just wanted something a bit more comfortable for 2-up riding and I wanted fuel injection.

Anyways...hello from the Lehigh Valley![/QUOTE

Sugar Bear says Welcome:) If you do not know already, this place may be a bit different than some. Won't name names, but be alert for some here, they may mess with you a bit:eek:;):D Join right in:) Rule #1 of Springer applies full force. Enjoy, have fun. Ride safe.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome JP1! I have a 950, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. I'm getting the distinct impression that no one takes things too seriously around here...which is a very, very good thing. :)

I'm actually headed to a different dealer tonight to price compare. Whoever gets me the best price wins!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Thanks everyone. I'm getting the distinct impression that no one takes things too seriously around here...which is a very, very good thing. :)

I'm actually headed to a different dealer tonight to price compare. Whoever gets me the best price wins!
I know of this custom painted 650 down in Australia that I'd sell you for a dollar...but Aussie might have a problem with it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome. I love my 950. You're right about the "bang-for-the-buck factor". I walked out the door with a brand new bike, with 0 miles, for under $6K. Hangs with my buddy's Street Glide just fine.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dude....that's friggin hysterical!

Just got back from the dealer. What a difference between the V-Star and my Sporty. :eek: I signed the application and now all I'm waiting for is for them to find the exact model and color I want.

After the test ride the Sporty felt like a toy in comparison.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
I know of this custom painted 650 down in Australia that I'd sell you for a dollar...but Aussie might have a problem with it.

Make it an Australian dollar...he'd jump for it....and it even has a brand new (recently mounted :( bell...)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Don't Listen to Jarhead and Springer JP1, they are both very jealous of my custom painted beauty.

By the way, our forum runs a Youth Group here on Friday nights, would you be interested in joining us?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome to the nut house, JP1.

Palmer Twp? Hmm, a taste of home. I lived in Forks Twp. for a while and grew up across the river in Phillipsburg. Haven't been back there in 20 years or so. Some day maybe I'll make the trip, my wife has never been to the east coast. Or the west coast. Or lots of other coasts, for that matter.:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
His is the first one in line:

Where do you all find these pics!?

DonDar...The area has changed a ton in 20 years. You probably wouldn't recognize it any more. Developments every-friggin-where. Heck, Bethlehem Township has seen an explosion in stores and restaurants that we don't ever need to go to out to Whitehall to the Lehigh Valley Mall ever again.

Also, got a phone call from the dealer today...they found the exact bike I'm looking for and *should* have it tomorrow! Yay me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts