Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all. I just bought a 2011 650. It looks good, but has Vance and Hines short shot exhaust. I'd like to replace them with OEM or quieter after market. Looking forward to reading your posts.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Welcome, I hope you enjoy your 650 and yeah, V&H SS are a little too loud for my tastes as well. I hope you find suitable replacements... surely OEMs can be had fairly cheaply since a lot of people don't want them. I have what look like Cobra bologna cut slip-ons (there's no manufacturers mark anywhere) and they're just loud enough so that I can hear them when on the highway without them being too obnoxious.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
you will also have to find out if the PO also replaced the jets in the carbs to match the short pipes. If so you will need to put the original jets back in to match the OEM exhaust.

I have an '05 with a completely stock drive train, and I would not change a thing. I get 59mpg commuting to work at 45mph, and its plenty fast enough for my riding style: Cruising!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on the 950. I'm sure you're find some suitable pipes in no time. Hope you get to enjoy some cruising on your new ride. I'm waiting for the sheets of ice to melt! - Any pics?

·
2,486 Posts
Welcome from frigid Atlantic Canada and congrats on the new ride. I hear ya on the pipes. I picked up a set of slip ons for my 1100 and went back the stock. I was looking for a little more rumble but found them to be obnoxiously loud. I'm sure you can find some OEM pipes somewhere. A lot of people swap for aftermarket so someone has a set hanging in the garage they aren't using. Maybe try posting a wanted ad. You never know.

KCW has a good point on the jetting if you do find a set.

Ditto on the pics - love to see one.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,413 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Noticed you posted in another thread you have a 650 for sale. Did you buy a new one and selling your old one? Any pictures to post, we like pictures. 😀

1 - 7 of 7 Posts