Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a set of Cobra pipes on the 650. Replacing a set of Screamin Eagle slip ons.
Like the sound but I have only run it down the block and back and I noticed the pipes starting to blue right at the point the pipes are welded to the muffler itself.
The pipes are almost identical to the ones I just took off so far as dimensions and materials and I already had the proper jetting done as the jetting that was done for the old set is what was recommended for the Cobras.
Am I running lean even though it does not pop on deceleration?
If I am what is the repair / adjustment?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will post tomorrow, the Cobra pipes have a sheild that stops just before the discoloration.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
13,905 Posts
Does sound like you are running a little lean causing some extra heat. Pull plugs and post picture if you get a chance. Take your finger and rub on inside of tail pipe. Should get a slight amount of soot.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are the plugs. Shut the engine down doing 50 kph and coasted in.
What do you think?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does sound like you are running a little lean causing some extra heat. Pull plugs and post picture if you get a chance. Take your finger and rub on inside of tail pipe. Should get a slight amount of soot.
Yup getting some soot.
They are brand new pipes so it must be a little discoloration as they break in. It's just a small patch right at a weld, nothing huge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.