Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just struck me...there is no active posting by any Eluder owners. Wonder why that is...yes...the same basic engine and frame as the SVTC,...but, there is still a different 'nuance' to owning one...and would think the owners of these fine baggers, would be more forum-vocal. Was just thinking....

·
Registered
691 Posts
From my understanding people are wanting the Venture and passing on the Eluders. I think it has to do with the fact the Venture comes with the large adjustable windshield and reverse while the Eluder doesn't.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From my understanding people are wanting the Venture and passing on the Eluders. I think it has to do with the fact the Venture comes with the large adjustable windshield and reverse while the Eluder doesn't.
So, possibly this can be a 'back door' approach to accessorizing an Eluder to get as close to an SVTC as possible. Asking prices this Fall, or even sooner, could let 'as close as it gets' riders to get onto a 113 C.I. 'SVTC' saddle for cheaper...

Dealers will be much more approachable for 'let's make a deal' on the bagger. I wonder if you can add the electric windscreen as a 'kit' to the fairing?, but probably not the Sure Park.

·
2,246 Posts
I think it's the name :wink:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's the name :wink:
...and who's to say that could not be in play. Names as well as colors absolutely do effect whether is a sale of anything to one purchaser or the other.

The only ones though, that in my mind, come to the forefront for not liking the name, Eluder, would be peace officers....for as you pass...and they see you....they will think...." Ah HUH!, there goes another 'Eluder'.....trying to get away, Buckko?!?. I'm on your tail!!!!"

Yeah...probably, not! LOLOLOLOL.

Joe

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
An appeal from an SVTC rider...

Open Appeal;

To all Eluder owners...please...how 'bout you become more 'vocal' within this forum! Personally, I'd love to read about your road and ownership experiences. My bike might share the same engine/transmission/power transmission to the rear wheel, but the Eluder and its owner intent, and usage, is of a totally, different rider mindset, and where they might ride with their Eluder. How you accessorize your Elude. The pride in your choices and ride!

So...if you are reading this...WE ARE INTERESTED in your ride...and this forum is not all about the SVTC. Please...plump up the forum and join in. We know you are out there, Eluder riders!

An interested party,

SVTC Joe

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm an Elder owner, Absolutely love this bike!. The bike is so easy to move around, that the reverse gear really isn't required. It has a fixed windshield and Yamaha offers a Medium windscreen for around $150. I was looking at Road Glide's, and this the Yamaha was priced around the same as the Road Glide standard. I got the GT model, and it comes blacked out from the factory. I think Yamaha really did a good job with these bikes, and I look forward to seeing what the aftermarket comes up with for us.

-Yank

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'm an Elder owner, Absolutely love this bike!. The bike is so easy to move around, that the reverse gear really isn't required. It has a fixed windshield and Yamaha offers a Medium windscreen for around $150. I was looking at Road Glide's, and this the Yamaha was priced around the same as the Road Glide standard. I got the GT model, and it comes blacked out from the factory. I think Yamaha really did a good job with these bikes, and I look forward to seeing what the aftermarket comes up with for us.

-Yank
Glad to hear from you and welcome to the board, please don't be shy about posting your experiences on your awesome new motorcycle.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

-Yank
Fantastic HellionFTW! Great to see your first post, and your 'to purchase' opinion of your ride! Welcome! :)

Yeppers, the Eluder and Star Venture T.C. totally were intended to appeal to different ridership markets. Being that I have a riding wife, and co-rider, I needed the support for her back, (as well as the carrying capacity for two) that the SVTC afforded us. Also, as a prior 2008 GoldWing owner, I always used the assisted back-up, for such things as a pitched forward parking space, or as in you find a lot in the southern states, lots of parking lots have large chunk, gravel, and that assist for a large heavily laden bike, was a god-send to back out of such spaces. So, we all buy from a different requirement of usage 'list'. :)

I think the Eluder looks great, is slick and badboy/girl,...and wish you many multi thousands of care free miles upon her. As Yamaha Pat nudges...pics would be great!

Again, welcome to the Venture/Eluder, the Eluder/Venture forum!

Joe

·
Registered
909 Posts
I think the 'Eluder' name is apt since I have yet to see one on the road. Must be a regional thing since what I see most of is the disgusting HD bagger BS. While on my three day ride this past week covering ~2000 miles most of what I saw was flabby middle-aged guys wearing blades and riding baggers, some with 30" front wheels... even nodded at one as a knee-jerk reaction when he nodded first... damn I hate myself for that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is the day I picked it up. It looks exactly the same since the aftermarket hasn't really made anything for it yet, but to be honest, Its just about perfect as it sits. As you see I'm a shorter rider, and couldn't ask for a better ride. I know corbin is making a fire and ice seat for it, which Im sure my wife would love.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
This is the day I picked it up. It looks exactly the same since the aftermarket hasn't really made anything for it yet, but to be honest, Its just about perfect as it sits. As you see I'm a shorter rider, and couldn't ask for a better ride. I know corbin is making a fire and ice seat for it, which Im sure my wife would love.
I'm looking hard at the Eluder since it meets my needs more than the TC. Few aftermarket parts have hit the market, but here are a few below that are available. I like the tank bra that protects the side of the tank from leg rub. Also the heat deflector. If you get the taller windshield, I'd be interested in your review. It would be a must for me. It appears no one in the aftermarket arena has come out with a windshield just yet.

I tried to include a link but it wouldn't let me. Go to Bigbikeparts.com then go to Product by Bike , then Yamaha, and finally Star Venture/Eluder to view the available accessories.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Love my Eluder....stupid name, great bike. Lots of complements. Just returned from from a short run ...LA to Laughlin. Only complaint is my face was hurting due to excessive smiling. Upgraded from the raider.
Congratulations on the bike! How do you like the seat? How about the stock windshield. I'm pretty sure I'd want the taller one for longer trips. I'm looking hard at the Eluder and should be able to ride one in a couple of weeks. Thanks for any input.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts