Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

So my bike is dead past the solenoid. No lights, won't turn over, no horn, nothing. After seeing the previous posts I was hopeful it was just the battery. I took the battery in to Autozone and it tests as good. I checked and even changed the main 30amp fuse even though it had continuity.

I took a volt meter to the Solenoid, it's reading 12+, I took the volt meter to the wire cluster there in front of the solenoid (see pic), they all have juice flowing through...I took a needle nose pliers to the solenoid to close the circuit and the bike turns over but does not start.

It's not getting past there to the rest of the bike, I'm thinking maybe the ignition switch is bad but I don't want to start just replacing parts. My gut is telling me it's something super simple that I haven't thought of. That bike was my daily rider until about a month ago when I wimped out and started driving a car cuz it's cold and rainy in Seattle. I do ride in the rain quite a bit so I don't think it's the rain that messed anything up.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance!
P.S. That blue wire in the pic is the USB charger I installed, it has been disconnected since before the bike stopped turning on.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
My Honda wouldn't start at one point and the battery tested good at an autoparts store and a battery place. Did they load test your battery or just check it for voltage? A battery can have 12 volts but not enough amps for lights or starting. NO lights sounds like a bad battery or is your bike like the 1300 in that the lights don't come on until the bike is running?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
first things to check...kick stand switch , clutch lever switch, kill switch.......

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Also check the ground cable from the battery where it connects to the frame....take it off...clean and re-attach...

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
But would any of these prevent the bike from even turning on. no lights, no fuel pump, nothing?
I can't answer that...I removed every one of those switches right after I bought the bike....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts