Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I had a very interesting issue happen to me this past weekend.
I went out for a ride and after awhile I pulled into a parking lot stopped the bike shut it off and put my stuff away in the bins. All is normal. I used the remote to lock the bins walked away and heard the normal chirp. Again normal.
I returned to the bike and used the remote to unlock it but nothing so I pressed on the unlock on the tank and still nothing. I than tried to turn the ignition on but it would only spin. The alarm light wasn’t flashing. So I thought either the remote had died or the battery. So I opened the right side bin to perform the emergency start but again nothing. Bike was completely powerless. No power to anything. So now I thought the battery couldn’t see why but I figure I would start there. Battery was good. So must be a fuse. Didn’t really know where to begin so I was going to call Yamaha and get the bike picked up. I put all back together and sat on the bike and decided to move it to another parking spot closer to the building as I lifted it and picked up the kickstand the alarm goes off. I immediately turn the ignition and the bike come to life. Ya. Not sure what the hell happen but it did scare the crap out of me and was hesitant to take it anywhere.
I put on the hazards and headed home. I took it out a few times later in the day and again the next day on a few short rides and it didn’t seems to have any issues.
I was wondering what could have caused this and if anyone experienced this issue.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
also I wanted to mention that I thought the remote wasn't close enough so I placed it on the seat. Still no power to the bike and the light on the remote was working when I pressed and held the buttons on the remote.

·
Registered
71 Posts
also I wanted to mention that I thought the remote was close enough so I placed it on the seat. Still no power to the bike and the light on the remote was working when I pressed and held the buttons on the remote.
it sounds like your remote was turned off. If you hold the button long enough it turns the remote off. You have to turn the remote back on.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
it sounds like your remote was turned off. If you hold the button long enough it turns the remote off. You have to turn the remote back on.
I agree. I have encountered this and thought the battery was dead. Apparently (I keep mine in my pocket) my body positioning must’ve pushed on it to shut it off.
I was a little panicked myself too.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
[/QUOTE
I didn't think that was it but I tested that theory and seemed close to what I did experienced. So I am hoping that was it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts