Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help her if anyone knows right off. A couple of days ago I noticed my passing lanes weren't working. Dug into the headlight bucked and found the wire splice was loose so I fixed that. Then drove about an hour to a friends house. When I went to leave I had no lights. Figured I had just knocked or pulled something loose and it would be an easy fix. Trailer it home this morning and went into the headlight again and everything seems to be intact. The passing lamp wire was loose again? but that's all I see. I have brake lights and signals front and rear but that's it. I don't have my manual here at home so I can't look up a wiring diagram. I was thinking I had just blown a fuse so I checked the two 30amp under the seat and they seem fine. Are there any other fuses to check. Any suggestions on where to start?
TIA
Summer

·
Registered
78 Posts
Something similar happened to me and I had to replace both lights. Hook the lights up directly to the battery to see if you have a bad wire. That's what I did.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up on the easy check for the PLs, but all my lights are out, not just the passing lamps. I have no running lights, front or rear.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there an actual fuse box on these things? Something more that the plug under the seat with the 30 amp on either side of it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I want to say I saw/found two locations with fuses on my bike.. The ones right under the CDI and there is another set of fuses right above the AIS module behind the side cover. The set of fuses above the AIS will have the fuse for the headlight and signals.. GL!

eGo

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found it and got her all fixed up. Even took a little ride afterwards. Thanks for the advise. Those of you with passing lamps what wire did you tap into? Mine were originally in the low beam circuit but since I wanted them on with my high beams I tapped into the running lights last fall. Had been working fine but now it wants to keep blowing the fuse. I put it back on the low beam circuit and all seems well. Should I just run a separate wire for the passing lamps?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hey Summer I just wired the toggle switch into the high beam circuit I think so I could control it from the switch. Only problem with that is if you forget to turn it off. I wanna get a lighted toggle so I can see at a glance when it's on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts