Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble with my '99 RS. Fitted new plugs and it fired up straight away but when I refitted the middle plastic panel between the side panels I felt it snag on something. Since then it won't start, no spark. I've checked and rechecked all connections, clutch switch, ignition switch, sidestand cutout, kill switch all ok. I've ordered a manual but it won't be here for a few days. Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated, I need it for work next week not to mention I'm missing being out and about during my summer break.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Check all the wires that are in the area where you think it might have snagged, and follow those wires to their other ends (far ends)

you might have pulled a connector or wire out at the other end of the wire, where you cant see it by the cover panel.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,355 Posts
KCW is right on the money. You probably can see what was pulled loose. I pulled the connector loose from carb TPS while washing the bike. Took me several frustrating hours to find it. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manual finally turned up today so I've found that the main relay is faulty. Ordered the only new one in the UK, paid extra for 24 hour delivery so should be back on the road by Saturday. In between showers I've cleaned or replaced every connection in the harness, every earth and every switch is sparkling. Might even have time to finish the seat I've been making, happy days ?

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
The only thing better than working on your own machine
is riding your own machine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts