Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2000 v star 1100 when I push the starter button I get the buzzing under the seat and I know the battery is good.
If I jump the + bat to the starter I get nothing BUT if I jump the neg bat terminal to the starter it'll start with the button. How do I go about finding this loss of ground or is it in the starter? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm baffeled!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The negative battery cable bolt to the jugs was loose. Hard to get to...check it's probably a ground problem. Hope this helps

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IF you jump the starter to ground (I used jumper cables from my car and went to the negitive battery terminal)) & it starts you have to have a ground issue. Take an ohm meter & check the ground cable, I'll bet the cable is bad or the connections are corroded. The other option is to run another ground cable from the negitive battery terminal directly to the starter. Another option is to run your jumper cable from the neg battery terminal to a good ground point & see if it'll start, if it does there are plenty of places that you can run a new ground cable to. That should get you going again without push starting. Ground issues are apparently a common issue on these bikes. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts