1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Dudes !!!

Just Bought an 03 V-Star 650 Custom.

Pretty pumped.

Don't have any pictures yet, But I can't wait to tear into it and make it mine !

I've been lurking the forum for a bit, and have settled on AIS Disable, (and then removal if it runs fine) J-Slam, chop and lower rear fender, and remove front fender, and maybe some tracker bars with bar end mirrors !

I've had a couple bike before this, 1966 CB77, & a 1974 CB360!

ps- I'm only 26, Decided i'd go out with the old, in with the new!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey RYZA! Welcome to our nightmare! Your 1st priority is getting some pictures posted. I'm sure others will be along shortly to quote exact page numbers form our handbook that outlines such things.!

Congrats on the VStar! Fun bike and no end to customization possiblities!

btw -- the AIS will go just fine. Give it a good toss and don't look where it lands!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks Guys !

Here's a pic of the bike... windshield is gone already!! Don't worry ! Just gotta get rid of the safety decals and stuff too.

I'll make a build thread when I actually start working on it

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the most awesome forum you will ever be a part of.Yes I'd be the picture patrol so I guess I'll put my citation book away.Nice lookn scoot. Congrats you will love it.Sounds like you've had some pretty cool vintage bikes. Very nice.+1 roxtar endless possibilities for cool Sh*&. Looking forward to the build pics.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
btw -- the AIS will go just fine. Give it a good toss and don't look where it lands!
roxtar stop being a bad influence

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
roxtar stop being a bad influence
There is nothing in that trash pile that can incriminate me! :rolleyes: I was careful to burn anything that had my name on it! :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome. Nice color scheme if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
v-star 650

yes the ais can go, and good riddance, i got rid of mine and the bike really screams down the road. cobra drag pipes, re-jet, chrome everything,custom orange flake and red paint,drag bar,cobra style seat,:cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey nice bike man. I got a 08 650 a few months ago as my first bike and I'm really enjoying it. I get so many compliments on it, people like the retro styling I guess. Keep her clean! :)

Btw, I hate to be all noob but what benefit is removing the AIS and how hard is it to make it disappear?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Btw, I hate to be all noob but what benefit is removing the AIS and how hard is it to make it disappear?
+1 RYZA! www.650ccnd.com has a wealth of info about this and many other subjects!

As for the benefit of removal; it will eliminate that annoying popping you get on deceleration. It "livens" the bike up a little. And really, it's just some stupid emisions related thing anyway. We don't need no stinkin' emissions! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts