Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 RSTD w/23k miles and factory warranty until October.
Yes; a squeak at idle and fading away with engine rpm, or at least I don't hear it. I just changed oil a few miles before it manifested itself most of the time at an idle. I could occasionally hear it prior to the oil change but very minor in volume, yet now much louder and most of the time. I took it to the dealer and he couldn't identify it yet was willing to tear into it but was cautious about doing that without a clear idea what they were looking for. He asked about oil change and I replied it was just done within a few hundred miles and it was 10-40 Kendal 4 stroke Motorcycle oil. He suggested that I change it to 20-50 since we live in south Florida and it should perform well with it, we could see if the change has any effect on the noise.
I read a thread that sounded similar to my noise with the best comment being a possible water pump bearing but 90% of the replies were rhetoric about the OP have hearing issues, so please just good positive comments.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I don't have the same bike, but do you have a mechanics 'stethascope'? Maybe that can help you pin down the location of the noise. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts