Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting the Cobra Slip-on slashcut exhaust for my 2005 yamaha v-star 1100 custom.

One issue...I don't know if my bike is a Non-CA or CA model. I bought the bike used and don't have a user manual. How do I find this out? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I am looking at getting the Cobra Slip-on slashcut exhaust for my 2005 yamaha v-star 1100 custom.

One issue...I don't know if my bike is a Non-CA or CA model. I bought the bike used and don't have a user manual. How do I find this out? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
From what I understand, the only difference is the Calif model has an catalytic converter, as opposed to the non Calif model, if that is the case, it should be easy to see. Check it out, see if you can see the converter.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
California or not

Not sure but somewhere around 05, 06 they started putting catalectic converters on all bikes. The parts book does list a California and a other 49 muffler for an 05.

I think you can tell by looking at the Model number on the Tag located on the front of the frame. It California the last letter will be a C If not a T. Example XVS11AVT or XVS11AVTC.

It does not look like it matters if you are replacing the exhaust or muffler. The header is same. I Think? Whoever you buy the muffler from should be able to tell you.

Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
results

Thank you both for your input. After considering both of your solutions and still not being able to determine what the difference is and if I had a non-ca or not, a friend and I searched for hours and found this....

http://www.sloneservices.com/SilverBack/VStar1100-FAQ-03.htm

If you go to #4., you will see that it is just a different bracket, which appears was ultimately designed for the catalytic converter and more spacing.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a similar question along these lines. So does the Cobra Slash Cut slip-ons have cats in them or are they in the exhaust pipe prior to the mufflers? I have a 2007 CA model with these slip-ons and am wondering if the cats were removed when the slip-ons were installed...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.