Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from San Francisco!

Just picked up my brand new (to me) V-Star 1100 Classic this morning. It was my first ride in over 4 years since I sold my beloved Vulcan 500 and it was a little hair raising at first (California drivers SUCK!!!) but the old reflexes kicked in after about 5 miles and it feels good to be back on two wheels.

Still trying to work out if it's a boy or girl bike - it's hard to find a name if you can't tell the sex! Leaning towards boy (the pipes kind of growl compared to the Vulcan). Plus it's nice to have the opposite sex between the legs! *smirk*

Right now it's pretty much naked but I have hard bags, windshield, engine guards, sissy bar and luggage rack on order. If the last part arrives by Saturday it will all be on by the end of the weekend and I will post a new pic. And yes, I will install it all myself :)

If anyone lives/rides/has lived/has ridden in the bay area I'm looking for places to go. Suggestions gratefully accepted.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Plus it's nice to have the opposite sex between the legs! *smirk*

Right now it's pretty much naked but I have hard bags
Sounds about ideal for a Boudin romance:D:D:D

Loved my in port time at Oakland and Moffett;)

Welcome from a native born Santa Monica transplant:)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you can't tell if it's a boy or girl then just look under the skirt

But I live in SF! Most women wear pants and a LOT of guys wear skirts with stiletto heels.:p

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum M'Lady. Nice lookn scooter you picked up.Thanks for the pic,I see you read the Corsair Book Of Newb. Lots of pages but well worth the reading lol. Well when you ride your bike in the sand does it leave 3 tracks or 2 ? That's how you can tell the sex.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Welcome here:) We had another ol girl(least said she was:rolleyes:)
from Calif
sign on not long ago, she? seemed to be a bit touchy:eek:
To survive here(just my opine) have fun, be loose, don't take nothin personel and enjoy the hell out of the best bike forum I have found:D And, Ride Safe:cool:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's good to see that you took the time to read the good book of newb :D.
ROFL! After reading the scathing comments on other new member intros I HAD to make sure I didn't make any cardinal sins on my first posting! :p

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome M'Lady. I don't know how long newB rating lasts but the scathing comment will continue as long as anybody takes interest in you. Quite a group here and lots of info with lots of fun. With a new bike and then all of the attachments on order you must have found out where the governor has burried the money out there!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
With a new bike and then all of the attachments on order you must have found out where the governor has burried the money out there!
I wish! I had been saving for ages while I dithered between a second car and a toy... toys win every time!:D And then I talked the dealer that I will be getting it serviced at to give me a discount on the attachments seeing as I was buying them all at once.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome M'Lady, nice ride and by the looks of your post you'll fit right in this forum just fine;) As always Ride safe!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts