Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for short ride and came back with this.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
you got screwed

is it leaking air?

·
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah, I was mad when I got home and saw it. Went in house to cool off. Just went out to take tire off and it did not go all the way threw. What you see is all it did. Not leaking. I've got valve stem pressure monitors and it was still in the green. Screw was really short. I'm going to leave alone for now. Looks like I got lucky.

·
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rode of work today and no issues with tire. For a change my gremlin was looking out for me.

·
Administrator
13,697 Posts
might be a little late for this, but i have been using this product for years now:
Motorcycle Tire Sealant | Scooters Tire Sealant | Motorcycle Formula (MOT) - Ride-On
it's a flat tire preventative. i ran over a nail once without knowing it other than i saw some of the sealant had oozed out of a spot in my tire where the nail must have been. i never lost any tire pressure as i also have their tire pressure sensors. continued riding on the tire for several more months with no issues.

·
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bevo, Thanks for the link. I've considered this a couple of times. My only concern is with tube type tires it's only about 50% effective. Did you have tube or tubeless tires? Anyone else with experience with this product?

·
Administrator
13,697 Posts
i have tubeless. "Works in Tubes and Tubeless Tires - Ride-On TPS will eliminate 85-95% of your flats in tubeless tires from objects up to 1/4" (1/8” for tube tires)". the site doesn't specify, but i'm assuming that's talking about the diameter of the puncture. which should make sense because once a puncture is made, it doesn't really matter how far the object extends through the empty space inside the tire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts