Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been a sport bike type rider. I inherited a 2002 V Star 1100 Classic a year ago April from my brother in law. My usual ride is a 2006 Speed Triple. Quite a lot of difference in riding style and performance. This is my first "Cruiser". I mostly ride it to and from work. I have taken it on a ride north of the Napa Valley. I have really had to adjust for the low cornering clearance of the floorboards. I have to keep reminding myself: It is not a sport bike. I do find it a pleasure to ride, just not as much fun as my Speedy. The V Star came with some sort of slip on pipes, a windshield, Leather saddlebags, and an uninstalled Maxair kit. I tried to contact Maxair for information. That guy is a jerk and I will have nothing more to do with him. This forum has been informative. I look forward to being a member as I think I will keep the V Star as a second ride.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome. I also came from a sportsbike (Suzuki TL 1000). I kept my sportbike and enjoy my cruiser. I test drove a Harley Fat Bob 2 years ago at Americade in Lake George NY and kind of liked the relaxed style and found a great deal on my V Star. Did some mods and every so often bring my TL out to play. My advice, keep them both.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I personally much prefer the cruiser style...but when you can afford to have both, that's the best of both worlds. I get to ride a Ninja 250 whenever I want (like today!) and it's a totally different style ride and fun in a different way. So...enjoy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've always been a sport bike type rider. I inherited a 2002 V Star 1100 Classic a year ago April from my brother in law. My usual ride is a 2006 Speed Triple. Quite a lot of difference in riding style and performance. This is my first "Cruiser". I mostly ride it to and from work. I have taken it on a ride north of the Napa Valley. I have really had to adjust for the low cornering clearance of the floorboards. I have to keep reminding myself: It is not a sport bike. I do find it a pleasure to ride, just not as much fun as my Speedy. The V Star came with some sort of slip on pipes, a windshield, Leather saddlebags, and an uninstalled Maxair discount led flashlights kit. I tried to contact Maxair for information. That guy is a jerk and I will have nothing more to do with him. This forum has been informative. I look forward to being a member as I think I will keep the V Star as a second ride.
Yes forum is definitely more informative...I am not able to access other sections but it was so nice to see your bikes.. Awesome stuff man:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts