Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here's the evil culprit:

but do they really deserve to be destroyed?

I don't see what makes them so bad. If the engine is running better. Besides there are more cars and trucks, than bikes to pollute the world LOL!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Harley pays EPA 12 million for engine tune

Harley just settle a lawsuit filled against them by the EPA for Harley offering and selling units that would adjust the ECU units for more performance and power. The EPA alleged that Harley was increasing the pollution which violated EPA rules.

This is no different than the aftermarket tuners we use and aftermarket exhaust, and air intake. I believe it is a matter of time before the EPA goes after Dynojet, Cobra, and all the performance related manufacturers.

Harley-Davidson to pay $12 million fine over motorcycle emissions | Reuters

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Harley just settle a lawsuit filled against them by the EPA for Harley offering and selling units that would adjust the ECU units for more performance and power. The EPA alleged that Harley was increasing the pollution which violated EPA rules.

This is no different than the aftermarket tuners we use and aftermarket exhaust, and air intake. I believe it is a matter of time before the EPA goes after Dynojet, Cobra, and all the performance related manufacturers.

Harley-Davidson to pay $12 million fine over motorcycle emissions | Reuters
I'm a biker and a vegetarian. I recycle. - Honestly, I think my ecological footprint is a lot smaller than other people.

A lot of people don't realize how much environmental waste and pollution the agricultural business produces. I've personally seen the methane clouds that come off beef cattle in California. Nasty. I'd rather smell exhaust than that any day! Ha!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Just re-read the article and they got $885,000 out of Suzuki in 2012 for all-terrain vehicles. - And I seriously think there has got to be a political aspect. And I'm sure the EPA gets what ever they can, where they can; as far as money/funding goes. And I bet they are probably getting money from some of the very same agencies they should be going after. -- Just sayin'

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just re-read the article and they got $885,000 out of Suzuki in 2012 for all-terrain vehicles. - And I seriously think there has got to be a political aspect. And I'm sure the EPA gets what ever they can, where they can; as far as money/funding goes. And I bet they are probably getting money from some of the very same agencies they should be going after. -- Just sayin'
That I would not doubt. Always somebody in the background making money off things of this nature.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
the EPA has nothing to do with pollution any more they're nothing more than paid government extortionist's, i'll bet one 747 crossing the u.s put's out more carbon emissions than all motorcycles do in a year. the EPA needs to be dismantled and rebuilt. they have way to much power to steal from large corporations, the government gave them a license to steal and now they're out of control and there's stopping them, they have the power to shut down large corporations and no one entity should have such power ever,

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
As a professional "cage" tuner and avid racer a lot of this is such BS. YES it can cause more hydrocarbons, but at the same time a properly tuned vehicle(bike or car) gets better fuel mileage. This means that the engine is working more efficiently. This lowers the use of fossil fuels. This, combined with a good catalyst on the vehicle, can help lower emissions. Most manufactures run a vehicle very lean to get better mileage and to lower emissions. This, as you all know, causes the engine to run warmer than optimum. This burns out catalytic converters, this prematurely wears spark plugs causing misfires. Every time I see this crap I get ticked off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts