Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone been a while since I had posted anything. Been through some motorcycles this year trying to find that perfect bike. Weather here is cold and snowy in Comstock Park Michigan. Can’t wait for some spring riding wishing it was already here. Still have three bikes. 82A01132-EDB7-4D35-9D2F-D43E11E20B4E.jpeg CB426F21-80FE-41EB-B720-038E43FB1F7C.jpeg CEB576EF-6DE5-420C-B50C-BEE0C99A27AA.jpeg

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just wondering what might be a good choice for me to pickup next to tryout looking at a 2003 road star but the mileage and transmission recall has me a little concerned. Mileage is 28000 any thoughts on that.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,872 Posts
Welcome back from Houston, Texas. Good looking bikes. Pull up a chair and stay a while. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
280 Posts
welcome back from New York. I feel your pain as my bike is hibernating as well. Only 39 days til the spring equinox!!!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,872 Posts
Several here have recently bought Road Stars. Check out some of the conversation here:

·
2,718 Posts
Welcome back from snowy Atlantic Canada. I was in the market for a bigger bike and did a lot of research on Road Stars. In a nutshell, the reviews are all typical Yamaha - dependable and long lasting. I read many reports of them going over 100,000 miles with just basic maintenance. Check out Les's link for the ones some members here have and you'll find they all love them.

After my research I decided on an 04 or 05 because I wanted the 1700 engine but i'm also on a tight budget. Unfortunately, people around here are asking ridiculous prices for them and I ended up with Kawasaki instead. I'm not ruling out a Roadie in my future though.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone the price on bikes up here in west Michigan aren’t to over priced and usually have lower mileage. The market is flooded with used bike witch is right up my alley. I’m just wondering if the road star 1500 ot the 1700 might be to heavy for the style riding I do. Not much on long distance rides. Love the look of the bigger ones might have to test drive one this summer.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As of this moment I’ve got three bikes one Yamaha 650 classic short rides. Harley-Davidson Dyna low rider when I feel like vibrating and a Suzuki boulevard that I’m not sure what to do with. Been through 7 bikes in the last year just haven’t found one that complements my riding style. Looking for a some what balanced bike. Kinda like the 1100 VStar probably should have kept that one.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Welcome back stop by often. I had a bigger bike VTX1800 and i sold it and downsized to the 01 1100 classic that i have now. I really love the classic but i have thought if any bike i would consider would be a roadie. I love the super retro look. The balance on the VTX had a real high center of gravity. Yamaha is a lot better. Good luck trying to find "The One" I am glad i have mine.

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
Hi Robert!
Welcome from East Tennessee. I recently purchased an 08’ RoadStar Silverado with 19k on it, and wanted FI. I also wanted something a little larger for long distance riding and read a ton of reviews on the RoadStar’s.
It’s very balanced, low center of gravity and with the long stroke 1700, it has an amazing amount of torque. I’m very pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
643 Posts
Welcome back from Idaho!
I myself have taken a break from this site when I sold my 650 and bought a dual sport.
I recently bought a 07 R* 1700 Silverado.
Out speed limits are 80 here and needed something to keep up with those speeds on a continuous basis.
They are extremely well balanced and the low COG really helps.
Comfortable bike with plenty of power.
Now if I can get the snow to go away!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts