Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

I had bought a top belt guard chrome for my 2009 Yamaha Raider from J C motors it was a Kuryakyn part. Well on my bike there is only two bolts that hold on my top belt guard, the one bolt came right off, I said to myself this will be a breeze wrong, the second one would come almost all the way out but would hit against the frame. I was like you got to be kidding. So I thought for about 10 minutes and it came to me, go get my scissor jack out of my durango, so I went and got it and put it under my frame near the belt and jacked up the frame oh was I happy as my wife made sure the bike would not lean the other way I got the other bolt of and then put the new chrome belt guard on. You know you would have thought two bolts would be so easy WRONG LOL.

Fastbandit

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
GENIUS!!
Sounds like all you had to do was get the bike's weight off the rear suspension so the difficult bolt would clear the frame.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GENIUS!!
Sounds like all you had to do was get the bike's weight off the rear suspension so the difficult bolt would clear the frame.
Hello stratowart.

The bike had to go up from the frame the bike had been lowered and even after I jacked it up the bolt just did squeeze by I held my breath lol. Now I have to see what my next mod is.

Fastbandit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts