Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Just picked up my first bobber/cruiser whatever you guys call it lol. Im in my 40's and was thinking taking relaxing rides. I have been riding sport bikes for years and when I saw the Bolt I loved it right away. I was considering getting a cruiser to slow down a bit and avoid speeding tickets. On the first ride home from the dealer I realized its a totally laid back vibe. It was amazing but cold. Looking for ward to learning more about the bike and the culture through this forum.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Its a great bike, it looks like you could ride it anywhere.

I sat on one at the dealer while my VS650 was getting inspected last year. The saleslady came over all smiley and friendly.... and I had to tell her "dont even say it!"

·
2,385 Posts
Welcome form eastern Canada. I'm also a reformed sport bike rider. The Bolt looks like a pretty cool ride. And as sonysnek says, we gotta see some pics!

·
Super Moderator
6,300 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee there motoman21.
Gotta agree with my forum partners here, pics are a must and we all slow down sooner or later.
I ride the bolts cousin, the 950. I've sat on a few at various dealerships, had a nice feel to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Welcome from another member just getting his own 1300 set up for spring riding. Took a 35 year hiatus after a bad accident, then got back into riding a couple of years ago and last fall undertook a cross country on my '08 Suzuki C50. Wonderful, comfortable bike, but underpowered for what I did. Hoping the 1300 will cure that :)

Have fun reading all the info available here and if you have any questions, ask away. There are a good number of knowledgeable people here and while it may take a little for someone to answer, they are willing to help.

NCDaveD.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally fixed my issue with passwords lol. I will post pics when I get done modding her up. I don't like the chrome bits and silver so I'm gonna plasti-dip the headlight bezel and display rings, black out the silver exhaust bits with some black high temp paint. Get some black braided lines and a slip on cobra exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts