Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I see you have a holder for a cell phone or ?? When speedometer failed on my son's Stratoliner he loaded an app on his cell phone that works great. The other easy option is a GPS.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'm sure your 650 isn't the first to have aftermarket rims added. Have you tried an internet search for maybe "speedo adapter" or something of that nature?

·
Registered
164 Posts
it looks like the slot for the speedo is in the wheel. get a speedo drive and see if it will fit. if that doesnt work, the streetfighter guys will use a bike computer. there is one brand that is inexpensive and works to 300mph, cant quite recall the name at the moment

·
Registered
176 Posts
My 1st bike was a Suzuki Savage. No trip odometer and small gas tank = out of gas on side of road. I'm super cheap and bought a wired (do not use wireless) bicycle computer off xbay for like $2.00. It worked great for an odometer. You can set it based on your front tire diameter and fine tune it based on % off from bike odometer. I had mine within 2% (or less than 2 miles over 100 miles) of my overall odometer. It had a speedometer which had trouble keeping up over 40 MPH, Max Speed, Time of Trip and also a clock. I really only used the trip odometer and the clock. If you want something with a little more flash, try the Vapor from TrailTech:

http://www.trailtech.net/digital-gauges/vapor

It's super cool but was too rich for my Suzuki:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you guys for the help i found some bike computer things for 29.99 and ill be trying that see if it works. again thanjs for the help guys i really appreciate it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts