Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had to remove the speedometer from my V Star 1100 but took careful notes and several pictures of where each wire was connected and each light bulb went. After putting it all back together everything seems to be working - the lights are in the right place and come on/off appropriately, the speedometer works, the trip odometer works etc. The only abnormality I've noticed is that when I remove the key, the trip odometer is reset to zero and the display is set back to the main odometer (it usually comes back to the trip setting if that was the display when I turned the key off). Just turning the key off doesn't do it; this happens only when the key is removed.

Any thoughts? Since I don't have a gas gauge, the trip odometer was the best way for me to know when it was time to fill up.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Curious. Mine has doin that since I got it. I's an 04 and was thinkin that's just the way they worked. Intended to post up this very question myself, but never got to it. Will be most interested in what the consensus says for this one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts