Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had one set of Bridgestones on my 750 Shadow. I'm not sure now if they were Exedras but I wasn't impressed with either the handling or life span of them. Personally, I doubt if I ever buy Bridgestones again. I think there are better tires available.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have had many different bikes with the Excedra tires, I have only good things to say about them. Excellent traction in all weather conditions, and temps. First bike was a Virago, then a Shadow and my wifes shadow as well, and now my V Star 1300. Keep in mind you have to get the right series for the different weight bikes. I just changed the Excedra tires on my 1300 and the mileage was 36,000 kms, I bought it with 18,000 kms on it and tires looked like half worn then so I have to assume the are the originals.

PS I ride solo!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine are OEM and per the DOT number, about 5 1/2 years old. Low mileage but I think it's just time to replace them. I've had better tires. Maybe it's just their age but they don't feel very "sticky". BTW, running recommended tire pressure, 36/41.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
570 Posts
I agree with the idea that they are just average tires. My Shinko TourMaster 230s seem to handle much better - especially in wet conditions (This is not just my initial impression..as all brand new tires handle better...but right now at about 2.3k miles with em)

I guess Apples to oranges though, they are a softer compound that might not last as long. They also cost about half as much. Next set will probably be more TourMasters, or ME880S

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I say trust your gut. I hated the Dunlop OEM tires on my Roadstar and bought new tires sooner rather than later to replace. But then didn't get them on for a while. Bought the bike used, 150% difference. Sorry I didn't pull them off sooner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts